The server address to connect to the Machinespirit Minecraft Server is:
General game rules must be followed:
- Respect Other Players
- Don’t Cheat
- Help Keep The Server Beautiful
Machinespirit.net is vanilla client friendly the only mods are serverside. They are as follows:
- Dynmap. The server map can be viewed at: machinespirit.net:8123
- IRC: The server chat is linked to the #machinespirit irc channel on the foonetic network.
- StorySpirit: Adds dynamically spawning dungeons, quests and minibosses. Crouch-Interact to talk to a villager.
- ServerSpirit: Adds the ability to construct shrines to Dobby at which one can make sacrifices for his favour.
Dobby is a chatbot deity that watches over the server. You can talk to him in chat by formatting your messages as “Dobby, XXXX”
Dobby has an opinion about everyone which we refer to as “rep” or “devoutness”. It has a numerical value and can be seen at machinespirit.net/devoutleaderboard/
Dobby’s opinion of people changes over time based on a number of mysterious factors. He seems to like people who engage actively in polite conversations with other players. He also enjoys gifts sacrificed to him at shrines.
Dobby can grant a number of requests such as changing the weather or time of day, teleporting players or even granting people some items. Naturally he only does this for people he likes at the time and repeated requests quickly tax his patience.
That’s everything you need to know about the server. If you have any troubles just call out for Acegiak in chat and she’ll receive a phone notification and do her best to get to you as soon as possible.